Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I hate the phone but I wish you'd call...

I'm still working on patience. Patience and I are not good friends. I'm constantly "learning" to be patient. I think part of the problem is a lack of positive reinforcement. Like that one time I quasi-dated that one guy from November through about June. (It sounds almost as terrible as it was.) I kept thinking that it was a lesson in patience and if I was patient things would work out. Needless to say, things did not work out in the least and there was no pay off for me being patient. So, I'm taking a deep breath and moving ahead.

To fill the time and lessen the difficulty of being patient tonight Heather and I went to the lu'au at BYU. Last year I was in the lu'au and I didn't realize how much I missed it. I thought the costumes and choreography were better this year plus since they had it in the Marriott Center they could do more with the staging. Last year I danced in the Tahiti section so I was especially watching for that this time. Here's a wee little video:



Are you kidding me? They push the guys over and dance standing on top of them? That's way better than what we did last time. We didn't even get to dance with the guys!

At the end the fire dancers came out. This video is of the first guy. I didn't start recording fast enough and what you missed is that when he came out only one end of his stick was lit and he lit the other end with his mouth.



Feath and I give the performance two thumbs way up.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool videos.
    Also, if we weren't at work, I would pull my best Axl Rose impression and sing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didn't know you weren't doing the polynesian dancing anymore! where have i been?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loved this! next year for sure, you must be in it! thanks for taking me.

    ReplyDelete