Saturday, October 31, 2009
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Outside my window is a temperature that is too cold. I am not quite ready for it to be this cold.
I am thinking I should probably be in bed already.
I am thankful for the keen sense of smell that saved me from drinking an expired beverage. Whew.
From the kitchen well... I made some brownies on Sunday but other than that I haven't spent much time in the kitchen lately.
I am wearing uhhh, let's just call them pajamas.
I am creating costumes! Mine for my party and also pieces for our shift's work costumes.I predict awesomeness.
I am going to crack the whip on my to do list tomorrow.
I am reading nothing at the moment. I just finished "Uglies", "Pretties" and "Specials" a series by Scott Westerfield. I felt a general sense of 'meh' as I read them so I won't likely be reading the 4th in the series.
I am hoping to throw a Halloween party to be remembered.
I am hearing some poor loser whine on Chopped on the Food Network and two of my roommates laughing. At least I'm not the only one awake.
Around the house projects, supplies and remains of party preparations.
One of my favorite things is that this season provides many opportunities to enjoy pumpkin in soups, bread, cookies, cheesecakes, ice creams and other sundry autumnal dishes.
A few plans for the rest of the week opening my media library to poor Reyna who is suffering from the dreaded H1N1, costume construction, apartment decoration, plenty of work and coaching time. No rest for the wicked.
(Reyna, this probably wasn't the most helpful post for your quarantine. Sorry. I'll try again.)
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
- It is my constant goal to teach the girls I work with my favorite Journey song: Don't Stop Believing. It was to my utter delight that the least likely (in my mind) of girls said "I know this song!" after hearing only a few notes. Every off key note that she sang at the top of her lungs was quite possibly the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. Once upon a time she and I made a "music video" of her singing some Hannah Montana song. If I could get a video of her singing Journey my life might be complete.
- 15 days until I leave for Hawaii. Maybe I should start looking for a new swimming suit.
- For a few months now my computer has refused to make sounds. As of yesterday my CD/DVD drive has also decided to refuse to work. If I had the money for it then a new computer would be in the mail already. I took my computer to a fix-it place. The man there told me I should have never bought an HP and good luck. Thanks dude, you're about 2 years too late for that warning.
- I saw Ingrid Michaelson last weekend. She was amazing as expected but what was a pleasant surprise? Matthew Perryman Jones. I'm glad we got the CD. If only I could copy it for my friends.
- For Liz:
- We are hosting a Halloween party at my apartment. On Halloween night. You are invited.
- I cannot decide what to be for Halloween. I'm torn between being a Greek goddess or being a fortune telling gypsy. Input?
- I just proofread this post. It's not a good time for grammar and me to be friends apparently.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Monday, October 12, 2009
Monday, October 5, 2009
Mine was lovely because it mostly included watching General Conference for 8 hours. Normally listening to 8 hours of church speakers might make me want to stab my self in the eye but General Conference is different. I finish the weekend feeling edified. I have been reminded of things I need to work on, felt love and hope, and felt inwardly renewed.
While I could choose many favorites this man, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, spoke so movingly. More movingly than anything I remember hearing in my lifetime. He testified of the Book of Mormon. If you were not able to hear him speak or are at all curious about the Book of Mormon I would encourage you to go here and listen.
I hope your weekend was also lovely.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Text from number I don't know: (Improper punctuation/grammar included) You seem to think its funny to mess with other peoples lives but this time you didnt get much someone that is willing to give up a good life for the likes of you is not worth much anyway. I think you did me a favor. Thank goodness your brothers realtionship was strong enough I guess mine and Dave was not.
Me: Excuse me? Who is this?
Unknown number: Not this time. I just hope you make today last 4 years. Thats what you cost us today thanks with friends like you he needs to watch his back all the time.
Me: Seriously. I think you've got the wrong number. Who is this?
Unknown number: I don't have the wrong number this is mae ask david.
Crazy right? Well then she calls me. I put the phone on speaker so Chala could witness the crazy. She asked me for Mike. I told her she had the wrong number. A few minutes she calls back apologizes very awkwardly.
For a minute I thought maybe I had forgotten about a few of the lives I have ruined.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Thursday, October 1, 2009
I did however pick up some of my own very skinny nail painting brushes and would be happy to provide you with your own set of plaid nails.