Monday, March 9, 2009

Any way you want it, thats the way you need it, any way you want it

Yesterday at work:

I'm in the laundry room while several girls switched their linens. One girl, who everyone else needed to move her things before they could move theirs, was not actually moving her linens but talking instead.

So I said: I NEED ACTION!

There was a long pause where everyone looked at me...

And then they all burst into laughter.

I don't mind being the butt of the joke. It's moments like that one that make other moments like this more manageable:

Jodi: Would you like a cookie?
Girl: I hate you.
Jodi: Okay.

I really do love my job.

6 comments:

  1. This is very much our work. I'm trying to think of what girl hates you when you offer her a cookie...I can name several that wouldn't! Offer them food and they're good to go!

    Also, do you need action? Maybe the laundry incident was subconscious and reminding you that you really do need action, so you can wear a scarf like me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because we all know why Heather was wearing a scarf...
    Actually we don't. Sadly she's still in denial.
    This story made my day anyway. I even shared it with my mom. Thank you Jodi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I busted out laughing, when I finally got it. Please keep them coming. You inspire me to remember funny instances such as these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JODI!! OK, I love all of your flicker pics. I am really liking this new hair style---bangs is a great look for u!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Jodi. You make me smile. Thank you for getting my quotes. Did you cheat at all?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't we all! Haha, I love this.

    ReplyDelete