Wednesday, September 2, 2009

You can move me if you want to, you can move a mountain

I'm a fool for thinking I would have more time. Work continues to be just that, work. My bedroom has been flooding. Today my bathroom ceiling decided it wanted to also join the unwanted water party. Personal life issues are happening too. However, I am not complaining because I have good music to carry me through. I finally found where I stashed the iTunes gift card sweet Hilary gave me. You see, it got misplaced when I moved a few months ago but is now happily providing me beautiful melodies which I am now recommending to you.

First: aim & ignite by fun.

fun. is made up of half of the duo that created The Format who I continue to love even though they are no longer. (Remember when you cried Feath?) I'm loving fun. and am even more excited because I have tickets to see them in a week. fun. is not your average band, there are gospel choirs, violins, some harpsichord and a whole lot of flair. Current favorite songs are All the Pretty Girls, Light a Roman Candle with Me, and I Wanna Be the One.

Number Two: Everybody by Ingrid Michaelson

So good. I really don't know what to say, it hasn't left my car since I bought it a week ago and I've done a lot of driving this week. Ingrid has such a good voice and words that move me. Perhaps mid my first listen a tear came to my eye because I was so happy. Favorites are Soldier and The Chain. Ingrid is also coming soon and I'm excited to see her again.

I'm shocked people don't hire me to professionally write music reviews.

Now I need to know...
What music are you currently loving?

6 comments:

  1. I most recently cleaned out a closet where I found my stash of Sandy Patti cassettes. Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Sandy Pattie still singing? I just listened to Alainis Morrisette's "All I Really Want." Talk about still singing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw Sandi Patti once. I'm pretty sure our high school choir teacher took us.

    Also, really? That's all you've got guys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jod! Check out She & Him. They are my faves lately. I like to listen to it when I'm being creative. Definitely a cool retro sound. I think you'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh jodo! How was the Fun concert?? I'm so jealous. I miss concerts with you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been listening to Swoon by Silversun Pickups for months now. It's in the car so every time I drive somewhere, there it is. I can't bring myself to take it out yet. Can't remember the last time I wasn't sick of a cd after a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete