Friday, March 7, 2008

Mike

After a conversation with a friend I was researching facts to support my claim that Colorado is the best state ever. I never suspected I would come across this lovely fact:
"In Fruita, the town folk celebrate 'Mike the Headless Chicken Day'. Seems that a farmer named L.A. Olsen cut off Mike's head on September 10, 1945 in anticipation of a chicken dinner - and Mike lived for another 18 months without a head."
At this moment you're probably feeling skeptical. I was too until I googled it. Behold Mike the Headless Chicken!

I'm not making this up!


There are also some Headless Chicken jokes:

Why did the chicken have to take "Anger Management Classes"?
He kept losing his head.

Why did the chicken ask for a raise?
Just to get a-head.
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment