Friday, June 6, 2008

Down at the farm

Since I didn't have to work today I went to hang out with my friend, Corinne, who works at Thanksgiving Point. (There are so many cool things to do at Thanksgiving Point. Next I want to check out the gardens, I hear they're amazing.) I was there to help Corinne teach kids how to garden but I couldn't resist the farm animals. I also learned that I would like to have a job where I get to drive a golf cart.

How beautiful is the white peacock? Also that goat in the bottom left is only a week old. So cute. There were also these chickens:

Let me just say that I hate chickens with a passion. We had some one summer when I was growing up and they were a pain. Everyday my step-brother and I would come home from school find that they had escaped. We would have to chase them back and lock them up again. They were dirty and stinky and gross. Ew. But that chicken? He made me pause for a moment. I actually considered stealing him beacuse he was so oddly fluffy and cuddly looking. Gross, I know.

4 comments:

  1. ahh i'm so jealous! we used to take the folks there sometimes. i love farm animals--and i'm with you on chickens. although i love baby chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your little photo collage!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodi!! That must have been hair, retraining yourself from chasing the chickens...haha, hilarious sign...what a blast!! looks like your summer is off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not too fond of chickens myself...birds in general. Did I ever tell you about being attacked by ninja duck? It was fowl.

    ReplyDelete