Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Johanna drove slowly into the city, The Hudson River all filled with snow

Do you know about The Big Picture?

The Big Picture is a photo blog from the Boston Globe. Actually, they describe it a whole lot better that I am able to:

The Big Picture is a photo blog for the Boston Globe/boston.com, entries are posted every Monday, Wednesday and Friday by Alan Taylor. Inspired by publications like Life Magazine (of old), National Geographic, and online experiences like MSNBC.com's Picture Stories galleries and Brian Storm's MediaStorm, The Big Picture is intended to highlight high-quality, amazing imagery - with a focus on current events, lesser-known stories and, well, just about anything that comes across the wire that looks really interesting.

News in pictures. I'm a visual person and therefore I like it. Yesterday's story was about the recovery from Hurricane Ike. The unusual part of yesterday's post is that the pictures transformed from before to after with a click.


Check it out. Some days they satiate my desire for world travel by showing images from around the world. Other days they make me tear up with a retrospective of September 11th.

1 comment:

  1. I love the big picture, it has provided me with many an interesting thing to learn about not to mention the great desktop backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete