Friday, August 15, 2008

At the market...

Last night I was minding my own business near the band-aids when a younger man came up to me and we had the following conversation:

Him: "Excuse me, can I ask you a question?"

Me: "Uh... sure." (It would have been awkward in any aisle but it was a little extra awkward in the medicine aisle)

"Do you maybe know where the Midol is?"

"Um, did you try near the feminine products?"

"Yeah, I looked all over and didn't see it."

"Well maybe it's near the pain releivers, let's look over there... Yep! There it is!"

"Thank you. Seriously, THANK YOU."


Ha ha, I felt kind of bad for him, he was so nervous and then SO relieved.

3 comments:

  1. awkward and helpful! my mom once had to help a young man find pregnancy pads for his wife that had just had a baby! she said he was SO embarrassed having to ask for help! i'd rather help someone find midol than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he was relieved because his wife/girlfriend/sister/mom is a complete nightmare and he needed to find it for the sanity of those around her! HHMM....

    ReplyDelete