- Although very tiny, the little sister is quite capable of taking up a whole queen sized bed.
- Tiny dogs aren't difficult to sleep with but they are difficult when they wake you up at 4 am because they've had enough of your room and would like to see another.
- I can take up the Wisconsin accent quite easily.
- Cheese belongs as a dish with every meal. Even, maybe especially, with breakfast.
- I love eating the things my father loved that are somewhat regional like peanut squares and raisin candies.
- Flip flop straps + tiny piece of dirt + lots of walking = OUCH. I have a blister, a spot that was rubbed raw and bruising on my foot. I'll spare you the picture.
- My grandma, at 91, can still crack me up.
- Mosquitoes can apparently bite through jeans. If you remember my policy of not allowing anything in my pants without permission (see here) I suffered a defeat this round. Score: Jodi - 1, Insects and undesirable objects - 1.
Monday, August 4, 2008
Welcome home to me. After having spent 10 days with my family in the great state of Wisconsin I learned a few things: